In order to help you make the best decision where to help serve for our Sunday of Service, we have included a list of the non-profits that we are partnering with and a brief description of the service project. If you have any further questions, please email the church office.
YWCA- The Yakima YWCA is a local settlement of a worldwide organization set out to empower women by promoting peace, justice, and freedom; build self-sufficient women, and eliminating family violence and racism. This is the focus of all activities held at the YWCA, which offers many classes for women to further education, or build life skills. It also has shelters for emergency domestic violence situations or those in need of housing for a short period.
- The project includes organizing and sorting their overflow room of household goods, supplies, and equipment. Depending on who signs up, this project could be altered to cater for people with a greater skill level.
- Project Leader: Jen Sumner
The Seasons Performance Hall- The Seasons is a non-profit organization which presents musical performances and supports music education and cultural events that reflect the diversity of the Yakima Valley. It’s also where Restoration Church meets every Sunday morning.
- The project includes weeding, outside yard work, pressure washing the entrances, and general spring-cleaning.
- Project Leader: Gary Steingas
Rod’s House- Since opening in September 2009, Rod’s House has been a resource center for hundreds of homeless and at-risk youth between the ages of 13 and 24. Their mission statement is to empower youth who are homeless to reach their full potential. They accomplish this goal by providing youth with immediate needs relief, connections to outside social service agencies, and access to education and employment opportunities through education and job coaching.
- The project includes general cleaning, organizing in rooms and closets, and general yard work.
- Project Leaders: Steve and Kelly Scott
Prayer Walk- Before Nehemiah repaired the walls in Jerusalem, he traveled around the city inspecting the state of the walls and he soaked the entire city of Jerusalem in prayer, bringing the people and their needs before the Sovereign Lord. So also, we cannot have any lasting impact in the city apart from prayer, apart from the sovereign work of God. Prayer is essential to the Kingdom work we are attempting to accomplish in the heart of Yakima.
- This project will be praying for specific places in Yakima that have become strongholds for the enemy.
- Project Leader: Tom Hale
Love INC- Love INC (In the Name of Christ) empowers families to break out of poverty. They go beyond superficial “band-aid” fixes and address the root issues that keep people stuck in their brokenness. The T.E.A.M. (Training, Equipping & Mentoring) Program links families in poverty with trained volunteers from their network of local churches. Families in the T.E.A.M. Program earn points for their participation. Points are redeemed for material help such as groceries and gas cards to free up their income to pay off debt. Meanwhile, they are learning vital budgeting and life skills that enable them to lead productive, financially independent lives.
- This project includes sorting donations, general maintenance to outside facilities, and weeding.
- Project Leader: Ben Rodriguez