Living In Light of Eternity
Topic: Default Passage: Philippians 3:17–3:21
Title: Living in Light of Eternity
Text: Philippians 3:17-21
Description: The doctrines we claim to believe about Life After Death, Heaven and Hell should have an effect on the way we live our lives on Earth. Listen as we discern why and how it is that sometimes what we say we believe is different than how we actually live, and then look for some practical principles to help us Live in Light of Eternity.
Salvation requires two things (Romans 10:9-10)
- Confess with your mouth, AND
- Believe in your heart.
- Confessing witht he mouth is easy, believing with your heart is tougher.
- "The heart is the control center of your whole life. It si the place where your foundational core commitments are made at the center of your being. It is the control center of your whole life."-Tim Keller
The problem with our heart is treasure (Luke 12:34)
- Our human nature makes us treasure based.
- The thing that is your treasure will control your heart.
- "If our heart is shaped by our behavior, the our behavior is always heart shaped and always heart exposing."
3 ways to Live in Light of Eternity (Philippians 3:17-21)
- Follow Godly Examples (vs. 17)
- Refuse to treasure worldly treasure (vs. 19)
- Live with your citizenship in heaven (vs. 20)