Life After Death: Questions and Answers
- Do our pets go to Heaven?
Answer: Not specifically, but there will be animals in Heaven (Isaiah 11:6)
- Is Hell eternal?
Answer: Yes. Just as Heaven is eternal, so is Hell (Daniel 12:2; Mark 9:43; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10; Matthew 25:46).
- Is there time in Heaven?
Answer: Yes (Luke 15:7; Revelation 6:10-11; Revelation 7:15; Revelation 22:2; Revelation 8:1).
- What is Purgatory and what does the Bible say about it?
Purgatory-A Catholic theology that describes the place a Christian's soul goes after death to be cleansed of the sins that had not been fully satisfied during life.
Answer: The Bible clearly refutes the idea of Purgatory ( Romans 5:8; 1 John 2:2; Isaiah 53:5).
- Do we remain married to our spouse in Heaven?
Answer: No (Matthew 22:23-32; Ephesians 5:31-32).
- Will we recognize family and friends in Heaven?
Answer: Yes (1 Samuel 28:8-14; Luke 16:19-31; Matthew 17:1-13; 1 Thessalonians 2:19).
- How will we not be sad for our loved ones not in Heaven?
Answer: No, somehow we will not experience sadness over those who are not in Heaven with us (Revelation 21:4).
- What happens to children when they die? Will they go to heaven before the age of accountability?
Answer: God provides a way for children to go to Heaven (1 Samuel 12:21-23).
- Why do we need a Savior to go to Heaven?
Answer: Either death will destroy you, or Jesus will destroy death for you (Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9-10).