Gospel > Religion
Topic: Default Passage: Mark 7:1–7:23
Title: Gospel > Religion
Text: Mark 7:1-23
- Traditions, they thought, would protect God's Holy Word, and help people in keeping it.
- There's a danger when we build our faith on tradition and outward behavior modifications.
- When faith is built on traditions, man's word quickly gets confused with God's word.
- God isn't seeking behavior modification. He's seeking worshippers.
- It isn't external actions that make us unclean and defiled before God. It's our hearts.
- The power of the gospel is the only thing that can change our hearts.