Worship The True King
Passage: Mark 11:1–11:11
Title: Worship the True King
Text: Mark 11:1-11
Jesus wanted to establish in our minds that He is the true King (v 1-6)
The people were pronouncing Jesus as the Messianic King they have been expecting (v7-10)
The kind of Savior you are looking for depends on what you believe has gone wrong in the world.
- They thought Roman occupation was what was wrong in the world. The Jews wanted a political Savior.
Are you worshipping a Jesus of your own making?
- Prozac Jesus? A Jesus that makes you feel better. A therapeutic Jesus.
- Walmart Jesus? A Jesus you go to for whatever you want in life?
- District Attorney Jesus? He’ll go after all those people who have wronged and hurt you.
- Retirement Plan Jesus? You pay your dues- attend church, tithe, etc as long as Jesus gives you heaven when you die.
"God created us in His own image and we returned the favor.” -George Bernard Shaw
“I believe in Jesus because He fulfills none of my dreams. He is in every respect the opposite of what He would be if I could have made Him in my own image.” -W.H. Auden
Sin is what’s wrong in the world. And since you and I are sinners- we are what’s wrong in the world. (Rom 3:23, 5:12)
Jesus came as the Savior for your sin. He’s a personal Savior.