The Wrath Of God
Passage: Mark 11:12–11:25
Title: The Wrath of God
Text: Mark 11:12-25
- The fruitless fig tree was an illustration of what was happening with God's people.
- The court of the Gentiles was to be a place for non-Jews to pray, worship, and inquire about the one true God.
- When anger happens, it reveals something about what your heart values.
- "One of the signs that an object is functioning as an idol is that fear becomes one of the chief characteristics of life." -Tim Keller
Godly Fruit: the visible outgrowth of real faith in our heart.
- Internal character change (Galations 5:22)
- Repentance (Luke 3:8)
- Praise and worship (Hebrews 13:5)
- The remedy for fruitlessness in our lives is faith in God.