Passage: Matthew 5:27–5:32
Title: Lust Text: Matthew 5:27-32
Sexual freedom is found in a lifelong marriage commitment of sexual faithfulness.
Lust breaks the commitment of sexual faithfulness.
- Lust: viewing somone in a way to own or possess them; to take what is not yours.
- "It's not the casual, but the persistent. It's not the involuntary or momentary, but the cherished." - A.B. Bruce
- What happens in your heart makes you guilty before God.
Divorce breaks the commitment of lifelong faithfulness.
Guardrails for sexual purity:
- Guard your heart (Prov. 4:23).
- Invest in a vibrant, growing, and passionate relationship with Jesus.
- Take Action (Matt. 5:29-30).
- "You can't stop birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from nesting in your hair."- Martin Luther.
- Honor your marriage (Mal. 2:15).
- Be Healed (1 John 1:9)