Passage: Proverbs 11:28
Title: Financial Freedom
Text: Proverbs 3:8-9; 8:12, 18
Financial freedom frees you to follow Jesus to wherever and whatever he calls you to.
Why pursue financial freedom?
1) To Prepare for a rainy day (Prov. 15:15; 18:11).
2) Allows you to be generously generous (Prov. 19:17; 21:13).
-Generosity is the reason God blesses financially (2 Cor. 9:11).
Steps to Financial Freedom:
1) Work honestly and diligently (Prov. 10:4; 12:11).
2) Stop falling behind and get out of debt (Prov. 22:7).
-Learn to trust the master, not the master card.
3) Save a little bit over a long time (Prov. 13:11).
-“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going”- Beverly Sills
4) Choose to live below your means (Prov. 21:17,20).
-"We buy things we can’t afford to impress people we don’t like.” Dave Ramsey
5) Give to God’s kingdom off the top (Prov. 3:9-10).
-Go from nothing to something.
-Go from something to significant.
-Go from significant to sacrificial.