Gospel Identity: Family
Passage: Hebrews 10:24–10:25
Title: Gospel Identity: Family
Text: Hebrews 10:24-25
God’s plan for humanity has always been community (Gen. 2:18).
1) Christ established the church through his sacrifice (Eph. 2:13).
2) Every person throughout human history who have put their true in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 8:15).
The local church is a group of professing believers in Jesus Christ who meet in a specific location on a regular basis to worship God and to encourage other believers.
Our aim for Christian unity is twofold. We are to glorify God in loving each other and we are to be a witness to the world.
Pursue Unity while living in community.
Living in unity within our community:
1) The family of God is our family.
2) The family of God pushes each other to be better.
3) The family of God encourages us to look to Christ.
A changed life happens on Sunday but lasting change happens in community.