Gospel Identity: Worshipper
Passage: Romans 12:1–12:2
Title: Gospel Identity: Worshipper
Text: Romans 12:1-2
We worship what we value. We value what we invest in.
What are you investing your life in? Because that is what you worship.
What is worship?
Shach-to prostrate oneself, to bow in homage to, to do reverence. 2 Chron. 20:18
Proskuneo- to prostrate oneself, do obedience, do reverence. Matt. 2:11
Latrueo-To serve, render religious service. Rom. 11:36-12:1
Why do we worship?
We worship what we value- whatever is of worth to us.
How do we worship?
"Worship is the act of glorifying God” Wayne Grudem.
9 practical ways you can live a life of worship:
1) Confession (Matt. 5:23-24).
2) Music (Col. 3:16).
3) Thanksgiving (Col. 3:17; Phil. 4:6).
4) Giving/Sacrifice (Mark 12:41-44).
5) Studying His Word (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
6) Meditation (Phil. 4:8).
8) Prayer (Eph. 3:14-21)
9) Heart of Worship (Deut. 6:4-6).
4 Tips for Corporate Worship
1) Remember who you are worshipping.
2) Worship is not a spectator sport.
3) Prepare for worship (Matt. 5:23-24).
4) Don’t do it halfway.