Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Passage: Luke 2:8–2:18
Title: Hark The Herald angels Sing
Text: Luke 2:8-18
Hark the Herald Angels Sing:
- 1739 Charles Wesley
- Most prolific hymn writer (6,000)
- 1855 set to familiar tune
Hark-birth of changes life forever. The birth of Jesus leaves you changed.
1) Shepherd-amazed angels chose to appear to them.
- Hark- you are the ones to whom the angels want to give their message to.
2) Shepherds amazed at the celebration over the birth of a baby.
- "Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
hail th’incarnate deity.”
- "Hail! the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings
Risen with healing in his wings
Mild he lays his glory by
Born to give them second birth
Hark! the herald angels sing,
“Glory to the new-born king.”
- Hark- this baby brought you salvation.
3) Shepherds amazed to experience the presence of God.
- To understand the story, we have to recognize that the shepherds were the least likely recipients of the angelic presence.