August 21, 2022 Speaker: Kevin Deyette Series: The Story
Passage: Isaiah 53:1–12
Text: Isaiah 53:1-12
Title: Suffering Servant
1) Nothing about His appearance would draw us to Him.
2) He would love us when we didn't love Him back.
3) He would suffer in our place.
4) Peace and healing are found in His suffering.
The peace and healing we long for are found in belief and trust in Jesus, our suffering servant.
The suffering servant should help you trust the Bible and believe in who Jesus is.
Fulfilled prophecies about the Messiah:
- Stood Silent before accusers (Isa. 53:7).
- Wounded and bruised (Isa. 53:5).
- Prayed for persecutors (Isa. 53:12).
- Buried in a rich man's tomb (Isa. 53:9)
- Born of a virgin (Isa. 7:14).
- Born in Bethlehem (Mic. 5:2).
- Would teach in parables (Psa. 78:2).
- Enter Jerusalem on a borrowed donkey (Zech. 9:9).
- Would be betrayed by a friend (Psa. 41:9).
- Sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zec. 11:12).
- Garments split up and gambled over (Psa. 22:18).
- Hands and feet pierced (Psa. 22:16).
- Crucified alongside criminals (Psa. 69:21).
- Despite his suffering, his bones would not be broken (Psa. 34:20).
Look to Jesus for true peace and healing.
More in The Story
November 27, 2022Heaven and Hell
November 20, 2022Grace and Works
November 13, 2022Living Sacrifice