A Repentant Heart
Passage: 2 Samuel 11–12
Title: A Repentant Heart
Text: 2 Samuel 11-12
The Rise and fall of David’s life:
Rise- Eager holy warrior.
Fall- Takes the easy street
Rise- Protects Saul’s life
Fall- Plots Uriah’s death.
- Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.
- David’s sin is not any greater than yours. Yours just hasn’t been written for everyone to read.
1. Open, unguarded admittance of sin
2. Makes a complete break from sin.
3. Leads to a broken spirit and humility.
4. Claims God’s forgiveness and restoration.
- Don’t confuse the consequences of your sin as God’s judgment.
- Jesus fulfilled God’s judgment for your sin.