One of David's Greatest Regrets
Passage: 2 Samuel 18
Title: One of David’s Greatest Regrets
Text: 2 Samuel 18
- "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” Sydney Smith
- "I would rather regret the things that I have done, than the things that I have not” - Lucille Ball
- "Always said it's better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do” - Red Hot Chili Peppers
One of David’s greatest regrets was failing to live for the people who mattered most to him before it was too late.
David teaches us a simple lesson- Live NOW for the people who matter most!
David’s failures in living for the people who mattered most:
1. Failure to provide accountability.
2. Failure to prioritize time.
a. Love is spelled T.I.M.E.
3. Failure to forgive.
- Living now for the people who matter most in our lives means we provide accountability, invest our time, and are willing to forgive.