The Truth About Hell
Topic: Default Passage: Luke 16:19–16:31
Title: The Truth About HellText: Luke 16:19-31
2 reasons why we need to talk about hell
1. Jesus talked about it.
2. We need an understanding of what the gospel has saved us from.
Why does Hell Exist?
1. Hell Exists for God to deal righteously with Satan (Matthew 25:41)
2. Hell exists for God to deal righteously with unbelievers (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9)
Lessons about Hell from Luke 16
1. The rich man was fully conscious (v23)
- "Hell is to be alone and to know what you’ve lost." -Steven Colbert
2. The rich man knew what he was experiencing was just (v24-25)
3. The rich man’s eternal destiny was irrevocably fixed (v26)
4. The rich man pleaded for someone to tell his loved ones about Jesus (v27-31)
- "If I believed what you says you believe, then although England were covered with broken glass from coast to coast, I would crawl the length and the breadth of it on hand and knee, and think the pain worthwhile, just to save a single soul from this eternal Hell of which you speak. If I believed in this place as you say, my life would reflect it." - Charles Peace