Rejection of the King
Topic: Default Passage: Mark 6:1–6:29
Title: Rejection of the King
Text: Mark 6:1-29
- The people struggled reconciling what they knew about Jesus and the things they had heard and seen from Jesus.
- The people rejected Jesus because of their past experiences and prejudices.
- Chrisitans are those who admit thier moral inability to please God and rely on Jesus for thier relationship with God.
Jesus sends the disciples out:
- In community (vs. 7)
- Above reproach (vs. 8)
- As servants (vs. 13)
- John the Baptist is an example of being a servant, yet speaking the truth in love.
- King Herod is an example of how NOT to respond to rejection.
- Herodias is an example of why Chrisitans will bring rejection.