Passage: Matthew 6:19–6:24
Text: Matthew 6:19-24
Treasure: What you cherish, delight in, take fulfillment in, and protect.
4 Types of people regarding money:
1) Righteous rich.
2) Unrighteous rich.
3) Righteous poor.
4) Unrighteous poor.
The earth is warring against you and your stuff.
The great lie of society:
To be content, you need more of what you already have that hasn’t worked yet.
How to store up treasures in heaven:
Use your time, talent, and treasure to love God and love people.
Money isn’t about math, it’s about worship.
The chief struggle between God and money: In what do you put your trust?
1) Has debt hindered you from being generous to the Kingdom of God?
2) What’s your heart motivation for your career?
3) Could a nonbeliever determine your heart belongs to God by how you use your resources?
Where to begin:
1) When it comes to your finances, give to the Lord first.
2) Look for ways to use your other earthly treasures for the glory of God.