Passage: 1 John 4:7–9, 1 John 4:14–4:14
Title: Real Love
Text: 1 John 4:7-9, 14
The greatest example we have of God’s love is the life of Christ, beginning with His birth.
1 Tim. 1:5- The goal of our instruction is love.
Heb. 10:24-25- Spur the body to love and good deeds.
1 Pet. 4:8- Above all, keep loving one another earnestly.
Gal. 5:6- Faith working through love.
Mark 12:29-31- Great commandment: Love God, love others.
1 John 4:19- We love because He first loved us.
1) God showed His love for us when Christ came as a baby.
- Marriage customs of the day
- Married much younger.
2) God showed His love for us when Christ gave His life for us
3) God shows His love for us as He abides in us.
- vs 15 Confess that Jesus is the Son of God- God abides in us.
- vs 13 know that He abides in us because He has given us His Spirit.
- vs 12 If we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us.