Title: Christians and Suffering
Text: Colossians 1:24-2:5
The universality of suffering: Suffering was what the church shared in Christ, the leadership, and one another.
If I become a Christian, will I suffer? Maybe
If I become a Christian who is committed to Christ and His people,
- preserves, protects, and proclaims the Word of God,
- seeks to grow deeper in relationship to Christ,
- and remains steadfast in the faith, then will I suffer? Yes!!!
Why do Christians suffer?
- Because of who Christ is and what he has done.
- Because people still need to hear the gospel of Jesus.
What are the incentives for becoming a Christian?
- Future outcomes outweigh present suffering.
- Christ's sufficiency enables us to suffer.
- God changes us in the presence of suffering.
- God uses suffering to build His church.
- Consider the suffering involved by not becoming a Christian
Will you become a Christian today?