Passage: Matthew 1:1–17
1) Jesus the promised hero who will make all things right.
2) God works through the messiest of situations.
- Tamar (Gen. 38).
- Rahab (Josh. 2).
- Wife of Uriah, Bathsheba (2 Sam. 11).
- Jacob (Gen. 27). - David (2 Sam. 11).
- Solomon (1 Kings 11).
- Rehoboam (2 Chron. 15).
- Abijah (1 Kings 15).
- Jehoram (2 Chron. 21).
- Manasseh (2 Kings 21).
No level of brokenness can stop God's promises.
1) Your messiness is welcomed here.
- "If you expose your sin- Jesus will cover it. If you cover your sin, Jesus will expose it" - JD Greerar.
2) Jesus is the savior- the one who will fix what's gone wrong in the world.
3) Keep trusting in the promises of God.
- He will be with us always (Deut. 31:6).
- He has designed you with a purpose (Eph. 2:10).
- His love for you knows no end (Rom. 8:38-39).
- He has given us an abundant life (John 10:10).
- He will comfort us in the midst of trials (2 Cor. 1:4).
- He will finish what He's started in us (Phil. 1:6).
- We will experience His peace (John 14:27, Phil. 4:7).
- He is working all things out for our good and His glory (Rom. 8:28).
- He will give rest to our weary souls (Matt. 11:28-30).
- He will give eternal life to all who place their faith in Him (John 4:14).