Get in the Honda
Passage: Acts 1:1–14
Text: Acts 1:1-14
Title: Get in the Honda
Institution: A place where you come to receive; it benefits those who visit it.
Movement: Something in motion, impacting everything around it.
Acts Summary: How Jesus takes the disciples and the early church and turns them into a movement that changes the world.
Foundations of a Jesus movement:
1) They are clear in their purpose to testify of the gospel of Jesus.
2) They depend on the right power to accomplish their purpose.
The church becomes a movement when we unite ourselves as witnesses of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Application: Get in the Honda
1) Are you a witness of Jesus?
-"Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter" - Charles Spurgeon.
2) Are you yielding to the Spirit or human wisdom and comfort?
1) Pray that we'd be bold witnesses.
2) Pray that we'd yield to the Spirit.
3) Pray that Restoration would become a movement.